International Conference For Promoting Arbitration
Dispute Resolution in M&A Transactions
Tactics, Challenges, Defences
Warsaw, Poland, May 13-14, 2010
"Dispute resolution in M&A Transactions: Tactics, Challenges, Defences", Warsaw, 13-14 May 2010.
SPEAKER BIOGRAFIES (IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER BY FIRST NAME)
Biografies of Speakers of the Conference "Dispute Resolution in M&A Transactions"
Warsaw Conference Report
Video Recordings from the Conference Panels
1. Frederick Fucci, Arnold & Porter LLP “Means of Settlement in M&A Transactions: Does arbitration Have Competitors? U.S. Perspective.” May 13, 2010.
2. Murray Rosen QC, Herbert Smith, “M&A Disputes in the Courts.” 13 May 2010.
3. Alice Broichmann, P+P Pöllath + Partners, “Travelling in the Fast Lane: Resolution of Pre-Closing Disputes.” 13-14 May 2010.
4. Henry Peter, “Pre-closing disputes in M&A: Setting the scene.” 13-14 May 2010.
5. Karl Wach, Moderator: Dr. Karl J.T. Wach, Wach + Meckes LLP, Germany; Speakers: Prof. Jesús Almoguera, Partner, Ashurst LLP, Comillas University Madrid, Spain, Cyrus Benson, Gibson Dunn & Crutcher LLP, USA, Justin Michaelson, SJ Berwin LLP, UK, Tomasz Wardynski, Wardynski & Partners, Poland, Prof. Dr. Irene Welser, CHSH, Austria. 13 May 2010.
6. Dr. Karl J. T. Wach, “Principles for the Settlement of Post Closing Third Party Disputes.”
7. Jesús Almoguera, “Settlement of Post Closing Disputes: A Different Pace?”
8. “Settlement of Post Closing Disputes: A Different Pace? Examples of Clauses from real SPAs that deal with Third Party Claims.”
9. Tomasz Wardyński Co-causation in liability for the results of litigation concerning third party claims
10 A hypothetical case study for a panel discussion on Disputes concerning representations and warranties
11. Cristina Martinetti, Buffa, Bortolotti & Mathis, “Model M&A Contracts of the International Chamber of Commerce.”
12. Piotr Nowaczyk "Luncheon speech of 13 May"
1. Rules of the Court of Arbitration at the Polish Confederation of Private Employers Lewiatan
2. “Supplementary Rules, German Institution of Arbitration, For Expedited Proceedings.” April 2008 (DIS)
3. Rules of Arbitration and Conciliation of the International Arbitral Centre of the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber (VIAC). Excerpt
4. Rules of the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (SCC)
5. Expedited Arbitration Rules: Stockholm and WIPO. Excerpt
6. Alice Broichman, “Disputes in the Fast Lane: Fast-Track Arbitration in Merger and Acquisition Disputes.” International Arbitration Law Review, 2008
7. Christian Oetiker, “Interim Measures of Protection.”
8. Tobias Zuberbühler, Christoph Müller, Philipp Habegger (Eds.), Swiss Rules of International Arbitration: Commentary. 2005
9. Prof. Gabrielle Kaufman-Kohler and Blaise Stucki, Eds. “The Swiss Rules of International Arbitration.” 2004.