Court of Arbitration at the Confederation of Lewiatan - modern institution serving entrepreneurs and quick resolution of commercial disputes
Krzysztof Aleksander Zakrzewski
- Year of birth
Mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
Commercial agreements in general
- Professional certification
Co-founder of the law firm Domański Zakrzewski Palinka, managing partner since 1999; 1990-1992 Privatisation Ministry, deputy director of the Legal Department, 1989-1990 Office of the Government Attorney-in-fact for Privatisation at the Finance Ministry.
Attorney-ad-litem in arbitration proceedings in Vienna, Brussels (in commercial and investment arbitration), arbitrator at the Court of Arbitration in Vienna. He has recently represented the Republic of Poland (Ministry of the State Treasury) in arbitration proceedings over an investment dispute initiated by Nordzucker AG. The dispute involved the alleged breach by Poland of a mutual investment protection treaty during the privatization of the Polish sugar plants. The Court of Arbitration in Brussels dismissed Nordzucker AG’s claim against Poland in full (EUR 154 million). Krzysztof Zakrzewski also successfully represented BRE Bank and other shareholders in Polska Telefonia Cyfrowa Sp. z o.o. (operator of the ERA GSM networks) in arbitration with DeTeMobil Deutsche Telekom MobilNet GmbH before the International Arbitral Centre of the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber in Vienna. This was the so-called First PTC Arbitration – the value of the dispute was approx. EUR 800 million.
Membership in organizations
- District Chamber of Legal Advisers in Warsaw;
- International Bar Association; Best Lawyers Board of Advisers.
- Harvard Business Review Poland, December 2007, Where valuable advice comes from. An article in which nine CEOs, including Krzysztof Zakrzewski, divulge some of the invaluable pointers they were given during their careers and disclose how useful they were later on in practice;
- Rzeczpospolita, 28 September 2007, The Fate of the Law and Justice [PiS] party in the hands of eggheads", Krzysztof Zakrzewski’s text on the subject of a Supreme Court judgment relating to the State Electoral Commission’s rejection of PiS’s 2006 financial statements;
- The European Mergers & Acquisitions Review, 2007, Law Business Research Ltd. Chapter devoted to the situation on the Polish mergers and acquisitions market, authors: Krzysztof Zakrzewski and Remco van der Kroft;
- The European Mergers & Acquisitions Review, 2008, Law Business Research Ltd. Chapter devoted to the situation on the Polish mergers and acquisitions market, authors: Krzysztof Zakrzewski and Remco van der Kroft
- Gazeta Prawna, 30 April 2009, Applying high business standards is our national ambition. Krzysztof Zakrzewski discusses what the word patriotism means to Polish business people;
- The Mergers & Acquisitions Review, Law Business Research Ltd., 2009 Chapter devoted to the situation on the Polish mergers and acquisitions market, authors: Krzysztof Zakrzewski and Bartosz Marcinkowski.
back to list