Court of Arbitration at the Confederation of Lewiatan - modern institution serving entrepreneurs and quick resolution of commercial disputes
- Year of birth
Real Estate, Construction
Commercial agreements in general
- Professional certification
https://www.linkedin.com/in/maciejdurbas/ i https://kkg.pl/zespol/maciej-durbas-3/
2021 – Ph.D. in Law at the Jagiellonian University in Kraków (dissertation entitled: Deciding on
Jurisdiction of Arbitral Tribunals), with honors;
2015 – Joint LL.M. at the City University of Hong Kong and University of Vienna, with honors;
2015 – Kraków Bar of Attorneys, attorney;
2011 – LL.M. at the Jagiellonian University in Kraków;
2010 – Summer University for Continental Law at the Pantheon-Sorbonne University in Paris.
- “Kubas Kos Gałkowski – Adwokaci sp.p.” sp.j., Kraków – of counsel and co-head of arbitration practice July 2021 – present, of counsel March 2021 – July 2021, senior associate July 2015 – March 2021, associate July 2012 – June 2015, junior associate October 2011 – July 2012, trainee April – June 2011;
- Jagiellonian University of Kraków – coach of Vis Moot Team, lecturer of International;
- Commercial Arbitration – workshop, October 2010 – present CMS Cameron McKenna, Warsaw Office – intern, August 2010.
More than 30 arbitrations under domestic (Lewiatan Court of Arbitration, Court of Arbitration at the Polish Chamber of Commerce) and international rules (ICC, UNCITRAL):
1 arbitration as chairperson (Lewiatan Court of Arbitration);
1 arbitration as the sole arbitrator (UNCITRAL Rules, discontinued);
1 arbitration as co-arbitrator (Court of Arbitration at the Polish Chamber of Commerce);
Ca. 10 arbitrations as counsel;
Ca. 20 arbitrations as secretary of tribunal or arbitrators.
Membership in organizations
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators – Member;
- Rising Arbitrators Initiative – Member.
Selected publications from 2021:
- Title: translation of commentary to Art. 61-64 CISG and to Art. 1-21 of the Limitation Convention; Author: Maciej Durbas; Place and year of issue: 2021 (forthcoming); Publisher: in. I. Schwenzer, K. Iwiński (eds.), United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG). Commentary, C.H. Beck, Publication language: Polish;
- Title: Data Mining, Text Analytics and International Commercial Arbitration; Author: Piotr Wiliński, Maciej Durbas; Place and year of issue: 2021 (forthcoming); Publisher: in: Pietro Ortolani et al. (eds.): International Arbitration and Technology, Wolters Kluwer; Publication language: English; Number of pages: 22;
- Title: Polish Law & Practice in Chambers International Arbitration 2021 Guide; Author: Rafał Kos, Maciej Durbas; Place and year of issue: 2021 (forthcoming); Publisher: Chambers & Partners; Publication language: English; Number of pages: 14;
- Title: Supplying “the Original Version of the Arbitration Agreement” Under Article IV of the New York Convention when No Such Document Exists. The Proposed Solution to a Paradox; Author: Maciej Durbas, Agata Wojtczak, Maciej Truszkiewicz; Place and year of issue: 2021 (forthcoming); Publisher: Czech (&Central European) Yearbook of Arbitration 2022, Juris Publishing; Publication language: English; Number of pages: 22;
- Title: Arbitration agreement in the articles of a family foundation – de lege ferenda remarks; Author: Maciej Durbas; Place and year of issue: 2021 (forthcoming); Publisher: ADR Arbitration and Mediation (ADR Arbitraż i Mediacja) no 2/2021; Publication language: Polish; Number of pages: 14.
back to list