Court of Arbitration at the Confederation of Lewiatan - modern institution serving entrepreneurs and quick resolution of commercial disputes
- Year of birth
- Professional certification
2015 - ICC Advanced Arbitration Academy for Central and Easter Europe;
1993 - Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Law.
2/2016 - today: Country Managing Partner, DLA Piper;
11/2015 - today: Chairman of the Ethical Committee, Association of Developers;
8/2014 - 1/2016: Partner, Weinhold Legal;
9/2001 - 7/2014: Office Managing Partner, Hogan Lovells;
9/1999 - 8/2001: Head of Corporate Practice, Clifford Chance LLP;
7/1994 - 8/1999: Partner, Linklaters;
5/1997 - 8/1997: Associate, Burges Salmon LLP;
1/1995 - 4/ 1995: Associate, Uría Menéndez;
6/1993 - 6/1994: Associate, Franc & Partners.
I have been involved in numerous large international arbitrations, including high-profile commercial arbitrations concerning the privatisation of leading Czech state enterprises and protection of investments under bilateral investment treaties. I have also represented clients in institutional international arbitrations, mainly under ICC and UNCITRAL rules. I have been appointed with several arbitration courts and have decided well over 200 arbitration cases as a sole arbitrator or member of an arbitration tribunal. I am member of the ICC Commission on Arbitration and ADR and also member of several task force committees established by ICC including the ICC Task Force for Central and Eastern Europe. I have been ranked and recommended by Chambers Europe, Chambers Global and Legal 500 in corporate and dispute resolution areas.
Membership in organizations
- Advocate, Czech Bar Association;
- Foreign Lawyer, Law Society, UK;
- Arbitrator, Arbitration Court attached to the Economic Chamber of the CR and Agricultural Chamber of the CR;
- Arbitrator, Prague Stock Exchange Arbitration Court;
- Arbitrator, Vienna International Arbitration Court;
- Arbitrator, London Court of International Arbitration;
- Member, ICC Commission on Arbitration and ADR;
- Member, ICC Task Force on evidence;
- Fellow, the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators in UK;
- Secretary of Legislative Workgroup, Public Private Partnership Association;
- Chairman of the Ethical Committee, Association of Developers.
back to list