Court of Arbitration at the Confederation of Lewiatan - modern institution serving entrepreneurs and quick resolution of commercial disputes
Rafał T. Stroiński
- Year of birth
Mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
Media, New Technologies
Agency, Distribution, Franchising
Commercial agreements in general
- Professional certification
- advocate, aember of the Advocate’s Bar in Warsaw, attorney and councelor at law, State of New York, USA
- 2005-2006 – Fulbright and Polish Science Foundation Visiting Scholar at Stanford Law School;
- 2001 - Ph.D., University of Warsaw, Department of Law and Administration;
- 1999 - LL.M., Harvard Law School;
- 1996 - M.A. (Cum Laude), University of Warsaw, Department of Law and Administration;
- 1995 - M.A., University of Warsaw, Department of Iberian Studies;
- 1993 - Certificate with merit from the British Centre for English Legal Studies at Warsaw University (organized with Oxford University and Cambridge University).
2001-present – Assistant Professor at University of Warsaw, Department of Law and Administration 2007-present - Partner at CMS Cameron McKenna 2005-2006 – Fulbright and Polish Science Foundation Visiting Scholar at Stanford Law School 1997-2007 – Associate and Of-Counsel at CMS Cameron McKenna 1998-1999 – studies at Harvard Law School and cooperation as Research Assistant to Professor Jon Hanson at Harvard Law School on a project analyzing golden parachute remuneration for board members 1996-2001 - Graduate student candidate for Ph.D. degree at University of Warsaw, Department of Law and Administration, Institute of Civil Law 1993-1997 – Junior Associate at Clifford Chance, Warsaw.
- 1999 - Course on Negotiations and Mediation organized by Harvard Law School’s Project on Negotiations (Professor Fisher, Professor Mnookin);
- Listed on the list of Judges of the Court of Arbitration at the Polish Confederation of Private Employers Lewiatan from 2005;
- Currently an Arbitrator in one of the disputes under arbitration.
Membership in organizations
- Advocate’s Bar in Warsaw, Poland - Member (www.ora-warszawa.com.pl);
- American Bar Association (admitted in 2000 as Attorney and Counselor at Law in New York State) - Member of Business Law and International Law sections of the American Bar Association (www.abanet.org);
- Polish Private Equity Association – Member of Corporate Governance and SME Committees (www.psik.org.pl);
- US-Polish Trade Council (USPTC) in California, USA - Director (www.usptc.org);
- Harvard Club of Poland Association - Founding Member and Member of the Management Board (www.harvardclubofpoland.org);
- European Association of Law and Economics - Member (www.eale.org);
- Polish Association of Law and Economics - Founding Member and Member of the Management Board (www.pseap.org);
- European Center for Comparative and Commercial Law - Founding Member (www.c-law.org);
- Sobieski Institute (think-tank) - Expert (www.sobieski.org.pl).
- The Business Enterprise, its Legal Character and Transfer in American, French and Polish Law (Warsaw: C.H. Beck, 2002);
- The powers of the management and supervisory bodies of a joint stock company to shape their composition - comparatory comments, [in:] A. Brzozowski, W. Kocot, K. Michałowska Towards the Europeanisation of private law. Dedicated to Professor Jerzy Rajski], (Warsaw 2007);
- Corporate Governance Best Practices in Public Companies Listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange [in:] J. Napierala, M. Cejmer, T. Sójka [ed.], Europejskie prawo spolek (t. III), [European Company Law], Kluwer Zakamycze, Kraków 2006;
- Introduction to Law and Economics , [in:] M. Bednarski, J. Wilkin et al. Ekonomia dla Prawników i nie tylko [Economics Not Only For Lawyers] (Warsaw 2003, Second Edition 2005, Third Edition 2007, Fourth Edition 2008);
- Articles in English: Shareholder or Manager? On Corporate Governance in Private Equity Investee Companies in Poland, European Company Law, Year 4, No. 2/2007 Takeovers in Poland – Current Regulation and Towards Implementation of the Takeover Directive, European Business Law Journal, Year 16, No. 6/2005.
Author of numerous articles in Polish and English on corporate and civil law published both in Poland and abroad.
back to list