Court of Arbitration at the Confederation of Lewiatan - modern institution serving entrepreneurs and quick resolution of commercial disputes
- Year of birth
Media, New Technologies
Commercial agreements in general
- Professional certification
- legal advisor
- 1987-1992 legal studies at the Faculty of Law and Administration at Warsaw University;
- since 2015 prof. dr hab. of legal sciences (civil law).
Since October 1992 – a researcher in the Institute of Civil Law, Law and Administration Faculty, Warsaw University;
1992 – 1997 a supervisor in The Department of Civil and Comparative Law;
1997 – 2006 a senior lecturer in The Department of Civil and Comparative Law;
since 2006 – assistant professor;
since 2008 - head of the Department of Comparative Civil Law, Law and Administration Faculty, Warsaw University;
since May 1997 till September 2000 – co-operated as an attorney at law with „Klineman, Rose and Wolf, Poland” Sp. z o.o. - Attorneys at Law;
since September 2000 till now – a partner in “Barylski T., Olszewski A., Brzozowski A., Kancelaria Prawnicza” Spółka komandytowa;
1999-2000; 2007-2008 an expert of the Codification Commission of Civil Law at the Ministry of Justice of Poland on the formation of contracts, the e-commerce and a new Civil Code;
since 2003 – the arbiter in the Arbitrary Court affiliated by the Polish Chamber of Informatics and Telecommunication (PIIT);
since 2004 – the arbiter and mediator of The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Centre);
since 2005 – the arbiter of the Arbitrary Court affiliated by the Polish Confederation of Private Employers “Lewiatan”;
since 2011 – the arbiter of the Arbitrary Court affiliated by the Polish Bank Association (ZBP).
Arbiter PIIT, WIPO, ZBP, the Arbiter at “Lewiatan” since the foundation of its Arbitrary Court.
- „The Conclusion of Contracts of Sale under the Vienna Convention”, a monograph, publ. by C.H. Beck, Warsaw, 1998;
- „The Formation of Contract by Electronic Data Interchange”, „Przegląd Prawa Handlowego”, April 1998;
- “The Impact of Internet on Contract Law”, a monograph, publ. by LexisNexis, WPiA UW, Warsaw, 2004;
- Canvassing, Distributorship, Factoring, Forfaiting Contracts, chapter III § 8-11 in: System Prawa Prywatnego ed. by Z. Radwański $ B. Kordasiewicz, vol. 9 (The Unnamed Contracts) ed. by W.J. Katner, publ. by C.H. Beck, 2nd ed., Warsaw 2015;
- „The Form of the Arbitrary Clause Concluded by Incorporation of Web Site General Conditions”, The Essays in Honour of Professor Tadeusz Ereciński, Aurea Praxis, Aurea Theoria (eds. J. Gudowski, K. Weitz), Warsaw 2011;
- “The Precontractual Liability”, a monograph, publ. by C.H. Beck, Warsaw 2013;
- „The Juridical Nature of Distribution (Network) Contracts from the Polish Perspective”, Osteuropa Recht (Dienstleistungsrecht), nr 2/2014, pp. 143-163;
- The co-author of the handbook “The Civil Law. The General Part”, publ. by Wolters Kluwer, Warsaw 2015, 3rd ed. (other authors A. Brzozowski, E. Skowrońska-Bocian);
- The author of the part I and II (without the 5th chapter) of the handbook “The Property Law. The Outline of Lecture”, publ. by Wolters Kluwer, Warsaw 2015 , 2nd ed. (other authors A. Brzozowski, W. Opalski).
back to list